In the game of Rummy, often players complain about not getting good cards and thus, face tough times when they lose a few games continuously. According to numerous studies, the role of luck is highly limited and not more than 10%; as compared to the skill level of the player which has 90% role in the game of rummy. We are not denying the fact that there are causes that might lead you to a bad streak in rummy. Let’s explore them here –
- You are exhausted
- Your skill level does not match up with that of your opponents
- When you enter the game in the middle of an ongoing session, your seating position is at a disadvantage and risk
- You are playing too risky or too safe
- There are too many disturbances around you
Many a times, there is a combination of the above factors that often leads you to your losing streak in Rummy.
Here are some tips that you should really do to come out of your losing streak:
- Take a break
- Join a table unlike your previous one, that has players with different skill sets
- Re-consider your entry into the game
- Be focused and calm; concentrate on game
- Switch your focus outwards instead of inwards. Give yourself three to four rounds of the game to gauge the style of gameplay of the other players on the table. Firstly, observe, then prepare your strategy and then finally attack.